Thursday, June 20, 2013

Exposure trouble

So, I was at La Defense the other day and, while I was waiting, I took a few pictures. My Android phone with the 8 MP camera can't do much, but that's all I have for now, until I'm able to buy the Canon 650D I'm drooling over. The first pics were strange. Like this, for example:


Too much light, especially if we have in mind that the sky was completely covered in clouds, following a storm earlier. It made no sense.


The sky looks way too white. Something was wrong. I took a look in the app's settings (Camera360 for Android) and I saw that Exposure was at the maximum of 6. I reset it at 3 and tried again.

Much better, although a bit too exposed.

But after some processing, it looks more intense and clear.
Same thing happened with the other picture. Here's how it looked like with smaller exposure:

Now it looks nicer, but still it needs a tiny bit of processing.


Not a big difference, but not bad.

While experimenting with the contrast and the color balance, I got this too.
So, that's for starters. I hope that some time in the next months I will have a better camera and be able to take much better shots. Until then, I will settle for the Android camera. Any advice is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment