Friday, October 4, 2013

A tireless little fellow

Today, for the first time in the long, almost 4-month, history of the blog, we will have only one person as a subject. And this person is my friend, Luca, from Bucharest. The photo shoot took place on Sunday morning and it was not scheduled. It was more like "Hey, why don't you take some photos of Luca?" and so I did.

The only little problem was that Luca doesn't speak english yet and I had to give him directions with my poor romanian. Of course, it was a chance for me to practice it since almost all the adults speak english and I always get tempted to use what is easier for me instead of pushing myself to improve my other languages. Same thing happens with french as well. Where were we?

Ah, yes. So, Luca was a professional some times, staying perfectly still when needed, which led to some very nice photos. Of course, when he got bored, he would prefer to use me as a trampoline. Yes, this is the word he used when he was jumping on me. Hey, don't get me wrong! Children who run around and play are healthy! You cannot expect them to stay down and read all the time or else they will end up like, well, me.

Off to Luca's photos now!

After bouncing around, Luca would stay still suddenly and I would have to be aware so that I could capture the moment! Here, the daylight was behind him, which didn't help very much.
Technically, this is not a very good photo, but his face says something like "Yes, yes, I'm calm and nice but turn your eyes away for a second and you'll see then!" A very nice one, among many nice photos!
And then we turn around. Against the daylight now. The difference is so obvious that no further comments are needed.
And with some necessary editing, even better.
I don't know what he was looking at. But he helped me get a very nice shot.
And here we see the same photo with some editing, of course. Notice how the light comes from the right side.
With the daylight against him once more, another nice photo. We took more than 100 photos many of them were quite worthwhile.
And with the edited photo, we are done for with today's post. Luca is a fun little guy and the whole photo shoot had lots of laughs. Remember to click on the photos to see them bigger as a slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment