Monday, August 12, 2013

A night walk

People leave big boxes or old furniture on the sidewalk at night, to be collected in the morning. Sometimes they leave old furniture in very good condition too, to be collected by individuals as well.
We begin straight with a photo this time. Last night we took a walk at around midnight and I had the chance to take some photos, of course, and experiment with the settings of the camera. The very important conclusion is that a tripod is essential for these night shots, if you don't want this stupid shaky effect. And the sharpening when you edit the photo can't help much.

Even though I stabilized the camera, I couldn't prevent the shaky image. Of course, probably I forgot to close the aperture and instead of an f/11, for example, I was on f/4 - f/5.6. This counts also for blurry images, especially if the focal point is missed.
The tram line near home. I love the tram, you know. It's like the metro, but it's entirely out of tunnels, with some insignificant exceptions. Too bad that there aren't many tram lines in Paris.
Here I tried to remove some of the yellow light that is all over the place. I can't say that I'm very happy with the outcome. Probably I need to work much more on the white balance of the 650D.
A 180 degrees turn and the other side of the line takes a curve and goes towards La Defense, where there is also an RER and a metro station. Notice how the lines lead the eye to the enormous buildings, whose height is not visible on this photo.
After some sharpening and some playing with the colours, I removed some light but I lost a lot of green from the grass as well. You win some, you lose some, I suppose? It will get better, slowly.
That's all for today's post. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a whole new bunch of photos from one of my favourite areas. Stay tuned and click like on the Facebook page, because from time to time I upload there some photos that don't make it to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment