Tuesday, August 13, 2013

At the center of the city

So, today we went to my personal favourite area, where Hôtel de Ville and Notre Dame can be found, as well as many other interesting spots of interest. We had a nice walk and I had the chance to grab some nice photos, although many of them were sort of ruined because the previous time I had used the camera, I had forgotten the white balance at custom. So, there was something like a blue filter in many photos, like in the first one of today's post.

Too bad. I was following the seagull like crazy and I took numerous photos of it, until I realized that I did it without checking the WB. Serves me well for being stupid, I guess.
I applied a warm filter trying to save what I could, but with not much of success. Editing by itself is not enough if you don't take good care of the camera settings before you shoot. An important lesson was taught this way.
Near Hôtel de Ville, there is a nice water fountain. After putting the white balance back to auto, I wanted a few shots of the water. And, even though the foamy effect is nice and popular, I'm more of a stop motion fan.
The editing makes it look better, I think. Sharper and more vivid.
Sooo, beach volley. In front of the Hôtel de Ville. We saw it a couple of weeks ago, we see it again now. 4 different courts are set up, where teams play and there are also referees. There must be some tournaments or something. Nice!
The editing gives a bit more life to the colours. If you want to see the photos better, don't forget to click on them, so that you can see them as a slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment