Friday, August 23, 2013

Zoo reloaded

Equipped with two lenses finally, since yesterday the 18-55 mm arrived, we went back to the Jardin des Plantes where we visited two places. One with the tropical plants, where I took some photos, and the second was the zoo. Total photos today, more than 400, of which only about 30 were good enough for me to share with you. And this is what I will do, starting tonight! Enjoy them!

When you have the telephoto lens, you don't need to climb. You bring your subject in front of you.
The edited photo. Why I put the watermark only on the edited one? I don't know. Because it's edited, I suppose. Probably I will start putting watermarks on the unedited ones too.
A vulture. A white one. I think it's from Nepal. A beautiful creature.
The editing clears things up a bit.
The monkeys were extremely cute, especially the little ones. This one was staying with its mother all the time we were there and it was one of the cutest creatures I've ever seen.
Let's try to see it a bit more clearly. Excellent work, ma'am!
Once again, I feel obliged to say that I don't support capturing animals and taking them away from their natural habitat. But there's always the other side. Many of those animals are endangered species and the people at the zoo take extremely good care of them. They have lots of space to simulate their natural environment. This is a hard equation for me though. I'm not 100% for or against it, like I'm 100% against circus, for example. This is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment