Friday, August 30, 2013

Zoo reloaded VI - The mocking bird

There's still plenty of material from the ménagerie du jardin des plantes, but probably soon enough there will be a new theme. Until then, you may enjoy what I have prepared for you! And first of all, something from that garden with the tropical plants. Something that, irrelevant as I am when it comes to plants, amused me and I wanted to share with you. Behold.

\m/
Peperomia metallica. Gimme fu, gimme fah, gimme samazamazah! Hah. Cool song. I used to play it with Some Say So, back in Xanthi, Greece, in 2006 and 2007. Also, this photo shows a plant, apparently.
Oh, deer.
Yes, I know, very clever, you never heard it before. Anyway, stop judging me and look at these cute faces. It wasn't very sunny, but even if it were, they have their space to cover from bad (or too good) weather.
This little guy gave the title to today's post. I don't know what a mockingbird is and I'm too lazy to google it, but this swallow is definitely mocking the cage by sitting on it face out.
I don't know, it looks like a big "screw you" to the cages in general. The swallows enter the cages, eat from the food of the birds in there and leave. Swallows and pigeons are the luckiest residents of the ménagerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment