Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A day at the zoo

Today we decided to go to the zoo. It's very near the Paleontology museum, where a part of Halfway Back takes place. My feelings about this place are mixed. Yes, they keep in captivity many animals that should be in their natural habitat instead. But, at the same time, they take really good care of them, in many cases they have lots of space and, most importantly, there are some species that are in danger of being extinct. And it costs a lot to preserve them. So, I don't know what is better after all.

During the whole visit I was upset. Many people with their DSLR's were taking photos and I had the poor Android, which is unable to zoom and so I missed many chances for some great snapshots. I did my best, but my best is very lame with the phone. So, from today I'm counting on you.

On the right side you can see the promotional video for my book, Halfway Back, under which there is a Scribd page where you can buy it. It costs $1.49 (about €1.20) and I need to sell about 1200 copies in order to be able to buy the Canon 650D and finally have great quality pictures and video to share with you. Even if you don't buy the book yourselves, please share it with the people you know. The book is quite cheap, some people have said that it's fun, and you'll be helping me raise the funds I need.

Unless you're some racist nazi asshole. In this case, ignore what you just read. I don't want to thank human garbage like yourself.

Off to the photos now. Of the more than 100 I took, I'll be able to present you a few that are tolerable.

This beautiful fellow here had just receive his/her lunch, but wasn't hungry and came for some pictures instead. The light is distorting the colours and I'm not yet quite accustomed with white balance in order to find the best solution.
I tried to reduce a bit the excessive yellow, but still I didn't manage much. I chose this photo for the challenge and for the beauty of this creature. There was no information about it. It could be a dragon of Comodo if it weren't so small.
Awesome pink flamingos. Beautiful and all together all the time. Very noisy, separated from the visitors by only a low wall. They are enjoying the short parisian summer.
Here, with more intense colours. A great image. A freaking DSLR with a 75-200mm lens would allow me to capture more details. I'm still very annoyed and it's been about 6 hours. Seriously, the book. Share the blog. Please.
Pink flamingos, you said? Nah, more like black and white flamingos. Am I right? I must be!
That's all for today. We'll get to see more beautiful animals in the next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment