Friday, July 19, 2013

At the zoo part III

It's kind of sad that most of the photos I took that day are not usable because the subjects are not visible. Even today, that I had to choose the fifth and sixth photo, I tried hard to find suitable ones. Anyway, I think that I managed something at the end. We begin with a beautiful tarantula.

A lot of light, especially on the rocks on the bottom of the picture. Still, the spider is visible, but not in a satisfactory way.
Contrast and Curves to the rescue (Curves is a setting for manipulating colours in photo-editing software). The burned parts of the rocks weren't saved, but the background is sort of better now. I don't know exactly how a DSLR could save the day here, but that's what I'm trying to learn.
This one is called Grue de Paradis. 
And this is Grue de Paradis with some editing that shows how important correct lighting is for a photo in the first place.
In other news, we now have a Facebook page, so that we can enjoy new photos straight in our feed. Lucky, lucky us!

No comments:

Post a Comment